7/27/2008

Obama misleading on the Surge?

January 2007 -- that the surge will make things worse
Obama: "I am not persuaded that 20,000 additional troops in Iraq is going to solve the sectarian violence there. In fact, I think it will do the reverse. I think it takes pressure off the Iraqis to arrive at the sort of political accommodation that every observer believes is the ultimate solution to the problems we face there. So I am going to actively oppose the president's proposal."


July 2007 -- Obama: "My assessment is that the surge has not worked and we will not see a different report eight weeks from now."


Yet, this last Thursday, Obama told NBC's Brian WIlliams that (at 3:10 into the interview):

"What I said even at the time of the debate of the surge was that when you put 30,000 American troops on the ground, of course it's going to have an impact. There's no doubt about that." (emphasis added)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for bringing this to the blogosphere's attention..

7/29/2008 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home