7/01/2008

Senator Harry Reid has Alzheimer's?

I was told today by a reputable insider that Harry Reid has Alzheimer's and will step down as the Senate majority leader after this election. No one would wish this horrible disease on anyone. If it is known among some in DC, I assume that they will have to let it be known to the voters generally almost immediately.

Update: Jim Manley from Senator Reid's office contacted me this afternoon and told me that what I had been told was a "malicious lie" and that he "do[es] not believe" that I meant my statement that "No one would wish this horrible disease on anyone." Manley also denied that Reid had anything that might be confused with Alzheimer's and that all the statements that I had made were false. Since the only other statement that had been made was that Reid would step down after this election, I take him to mean that was also false. While the person who told me this was someone who I have trusted for a long time and he sticks by his information, since I assume that Manley has better information on this and would not lie about something this important, I accept that his statement is accurate. Manley angrily wanted me to remove this post from my blog, but I thought that it would be better to include

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If true, it is terrible. Best wishes for him and his family.

7/01/2008 2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed, the sympathies of every decent American must go to Mr. Reid and his family. However, if this rumor is true, it would certainly explain some of his more inexplicable comment and actions of late. I wonder how long this has been known, particularly to the Democrats?

7/01/2008 11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dad had Alzheimer's. Otherwise healthy, I got to watch him go away slowly. It is not fun at all.

I am sorry for Mr. Reid if this is accurate, and may God bless him in his journey away from those who love him.

My policy disagreements with him remain.

7/02/2008 1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm. Due to the nature of this disease, if it is true, the truth will out, sadly, likely sooner than later. We'll see then whether Mr. Manley is being truthful. Despite my absolute disdain for Mr. Reid's positions and behavior, I hope that he does not have Alzheimer's.

7/02/2008 8:02 PM  
Blogger Lucentio said...

Does Harry Reid take statin drugs like Lipitor, Crestor or Zocor. Many people of his age with standard medical care are on these drugs to reduce cholesterol. However they also cause cognitive problems very similar to Alzheimers

7/02/2008 11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home