10/03/2008

Palin-Biden Debate posts extremely high early ratings

If one debate was going to be watched the most, I am glad that it is the one with Palin.

Thursday's highly anticipated face-off between Alaska governor Sarah Palin and Delaware senator Joe Biden may be the most-watched debate in 16 years.

Last night's event totaled a 45.0 overnight meter-market household rating, according to Nielsen Media Research.
That's 42% higher than Friday's presidential debate between top-of-the-ticket contenders John McCain and Barack Obama, which scored a collective 31.6 rating among broadcast and cable networks.

It's also a stunning 60% higher than the 2004 debate between Dick Cheney and John Edwards. In fact, the early figure surpasses any presidential debate since 1992's second bout between Bill Clinton, Ross Perot and George Bush (which received a 46.3 rating). . . .

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Barb Davis said...

I'm so proud of Sarah Palin. She should be at the top of the ticket!! I think the debate was a game changing moment.

10/03/2008 2:24 PM  
Blogger The Right Guy said...

It was a good debate and the ratings showed that. If I was a McCain advisor, I would be concerned on how to keep the momentum going. You have to wonder who is running the show, when one day you hear that McCain is pulling out of Michigan, and the next Palin is surprised in hearing that and offers her and Todd Palin's assistance in going up there and doing some glad handing. To add to the circus, McCain says he would have Al Gore on his team for environmental issues. If I didn't know any better, I would bet McCain hired Blake Edwards to run his campaign.

From Return of the Pink Panther:
Beggar: Oh, no. I am a musician and the monkey is a businessman. He doesn't tell me what to play, and I don't tell him what to do with his money. (Through the window of the bank, you can see that it is being robbed.)

Such is this election.

10/03/2008 2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a former student of yours at Binghamton University during the Fall '06 Semester, I am eager to know your unbiased and unfiltered opinion of Governor Palin. Would you be able to provide that for me, either in the comments or a separate blog post?

Again, I'm not looking for a solid GOP-aligned response. If that is where you fall, that is perfectly fine. But can you pretend for a moment she was Obama's VP choice (not in terms of political alignment, but in terms of raw intelligence and experience). What would you say then?

Many thanks.

10/03/2008 5:51 PM  
Blogger John Lott said...

Dear Former Student:

Thanks for the note. I personally think that Sarah Palin is the best candidate in this race. Possibly it because I personally know him, but Obama is the most leftwing presidential candidate ever, someone who refused to talk to people with whom he disagreed. If you go through my list of op-eds, you will see a lot of statements on Obama, Palin, and Biden.

10/04/2008 12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home