3/04/2009

Qoute to remember from Obama

I am putting this quote up just so that I can get easy access to it.

Not because I believe in bigger government – I don’t. Not because I’m not mindful of the massive debt we’ve inherited – I am. . . .


This is a guy who promised voters repeatedly that he wanted to cut the size of government in each of the presidential debates and in the campaign right up to November 4th. In just a couple of weeks he went from claiming that we needed to cut the net size of government to supporting massive increases in government spending. The question that I have asked is: what did he learn that changed his mind in November? Wasn't he already claiming that we had the worst financial crisis ever?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger ICONIC FREEDOM said...

You don't have to listen to what people say, watch what they do.


"What you're doing is so loud, I can't hear what you're saying".

3/04/2009 11:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think you're setting up a false question. Unemployment numbers alone will force him to pour money out on the public. Government is going to get very big in the next three years, and I'm guessing borrowing and taxes on the top will climb more than once to pay for it.

Look at how much room we have - apparently the world still is willing to buy US treasury bonds, and we taxed the top bracket at over 90% in the 40's, we have plenty of points still to jack their rates.

Should be good times for conservative pundits - plenty to complain about, but asking a question like that is like asking if the sun will come out tomorrow - the answer is obvious already.

3/05/2009 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home