3/26/2010

MSNBC can't even get story about Dems encouraging Rachel Maddow to run for Senate correct

John Walsh, chairman of the Massachusetts Democratic State Committee, posted the following message to Rachel Maddow (a further discussion is here):

Some are talking about you running vs Scott Brown in '12. I'm Chair of MA Dem Party. My email is johnewalsh@Comcast.net cell-617-650-9311


Walsh admits that instead of sending an email he accidentally sent it out as a tweet for everyone to see (see video). Senator Brown then sent out an email to his supporters:

It’s only been a couple of months since I’ve been in office, and before I’ve even settled into my new job, the political machine in Massachusetts is looking for someone to run against me. And you’re not going to believe who they are supposedly trying to recruit—liberal MSNBC anchor Rachel Maddow. . . .


The media described this as Brown raising money for a 2012 race ("Senator Scott Brown already gearing up for 2012 re-election bid"), though his email never ask for money for himself.

We can continue to push our movement forward by running for office, joining in rallies and petitions that challenge President Obama and Nancy Pelosi’s health-care legislation, supporting campaigns against the tax-and-spenders or by donating time and money to office-holders and candidates who will restore the principles of our founders. . . .


So far I see nothing inaccurate in Brown's statement. But Rachel Maddow takes out a whole page ad in the Boston Globe.

The Massachusetts Democratic Party never asked me to run against Scott Brown. It's just not true. Honestly, I swear. No, really. . . .


I guess that there is no reason for MSNBC or Maddow to get anything right, even when it is a story that directly involves them.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home