4/05/2010

Obama throws the opening pitch very poorly



This guy is just too cute. Wearing a White Sox baseball hat so that they can blame the boos on the hat, but it is hard to see any change in boos after he pulls out the hat.

Here is a picture from the All Star game last year. Obama declined an invitation to throw out the opening day pitch for the Nationals last year.

Obama is a diehard White Sox fan.

The first fan was interviewed during the game's television broadcast by former Sox pitcher Rob Dibble, who asked the president about his favorite players on the South Side growing up.

This is was the point that the usually eloquent Obama began stammering.

Obama: "I want the Nats to do well. I love them, but I am a South side kid. . . ."

Dibble: "Who was one of your favorite White Sox players growing up?"

Obama: "You know uh ..... I ... I thought that ... uh .... you know ... The truth is a lot of the Cubs I like too! But, uh ... I did not become a Sox fan until I moved to Chicago. Because I uh .... I was growing up in Hawaii so I ended up actually being an Oakland A's fan. But when I moved to Chicago I was living close to what was then Cominskey Park and went to a couple of games and just fell in love. And the nice thing about the Sox's is that it is real blue collar baseball."


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home