9/30/2012

Some of Obama's broken promises on the economy

David Asman at Fox Business has a partial list here:
The stimulus will prevent unemployment from rising above 8%, and will fall to 5.6% by 2012. 
Solyndra, “leading the way toward a brighter and more prosperous future.” 
”I’m committed to an all-of-the-above energy program." 
Obamacare, which “…won’t add another dime to the deficit.” 
”Health premiums will go down $2,500 by the end of my first term.” 
Under Obamacare “you will keep your health insurance. This law will only make it more secure and more affordable.” 
"My goal is to strengthen and preserve Medicare.” 
"Since my election…you're starting to see some restoration of America's standing in the world." 
”If I don’t fix the economy in three years, then I’ll be a one-term president."
One should read his explanations for why these are broken promises.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger drjim said...

I don't care to read his "explanations", as I dislike being LIED to.

Especially when I know they're lies.....

10/01/2012 2:53 PM  
Blogger John Lott said...

Well, the explanations explain why they are broken promises. They are not justifications by Obama for breaking promises.

10/01/2012 5:57 PM  
Blogger drjim said...

Ummmm....OK, I concede your point.

I guess it comes down to if he knowingly made those "promises" with full knowledge that he either couldn't, or wouldn't, make good on them.

10/01/2012 6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home